Setting Off From Sandwell valley

Monday 27 December 2010

Could this be the bird to equal the record?

Been waiting at home for a few days now, waiting for news of a bird that I need to turn up near-ish home.

Watching Invictus with Mum and Dad when a vibration in the pocket told of a message on my mobile.

Iceland gull at Bartley Reservoir!    Need it and will hopefully see it tomorrow.

It feels like fate. Bill Oddie's teenage patch; Bartley Reservoir to the west of Birmingham, a concrete basin with a gull roost.

From there the intention is to go to the Wyre Forest to try for lesser spotted wodpecker before heading north to get to Park Hall, near Stoke for Long-eared owl.

Will I get all three? Wait and see.

At least the weather's changed and there's a chance.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck. I don't think my goal of 200 in The Netherlands is doable this year (current standing 183).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Flab and good to meet you Janneke. Can I ask how you've tried to see 200? Email me at

    bikingbirder2010@hotmail.com

    if you can. I'd love to know how you've got on and what you have seen.

    Happy Christmas,

    Gary

    ReplyDelete