Setting Off From Sandwell valley

Monday 26 July 2010

Someone has stolen my MP3 Player!!!

I'm absolutely gutted. I went to fetch a book from the shelf whilst using th computer facilities at Fort William's library. returned to find my MP3 palyer gone and the lady sitting next to me gone also. How could she? All my music gone.

C'est la vie! No it isn't - what a rat!

OK - calm down.

To return to the diary. I got to Oban and cycled to Crainlarich youth hostel where a very different sort of lady, Beryl, greeted me and was so very helpful and friendly. She was from South Africa and couldn't have been nicer. Clothes all washed, coffee and evening meal and a bed for the night.

23rd July 2010

Up early and cycled to Inveruglas to take a ferry across Loch lomond to Inversnaid RSPB reserve. Up onto the high moor to look for butterflies, particularly the scotch argus but no luck with that. Did see a few ringlets, a very tatty small pearl-bordered fritillary and a dark green also. A few golden-ringed dragonflies allowed very close views.


Golden-ringed dragonfly

Heath-spotted orchid

Next explored the woodland along the loch shoreline, to Rob Roy's cave. What a disappointment. Could hardly be called a cave.

Boat back to Inveruglas and a cycle back to the youth hostel hastened because of a wasp stuck in my cycle helmet. One stung bald head later and cream and tablets taken. Ouch!

OK. Now to search Fort William for the person who has my MP3! fat chance.

All the best everyone,

Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment