Setting Off From Sandwell valley

Wednesday 25 November 2009

Wednesday 25th November 2009 Who'd have a website?

Hello there. Golf club at school with noisy children just finished and now for the bike ride home.

Last night 3 sleepless hours sorting out the errant website www.bikingbirder.co.uk and then 'pumpff' gone in a flash of a memory stick. Don't know why but all the work on redoing my website for next year's bike ride was lost; well changed on the memory stick from 71 megs to 22 kilobytes.

Ah well. read a book instead to get me relaxed. The autobiography of my late wonderful friend Gordon Barnes. Gordon died 3 years ago but before he left us he wrote the story of his life with his wife Perry as a crofter on Fair Isle near the Shetlands. I believe copies are available from the Fair isle Observatory. Reading about the cats again definitely put me a good mood before drifting off to sleep for a couple of hours.

Taught the children in my class a 7 phrase song to help them remember why I'm leaving next year.

Biking Birder 2010 Royal Society for the Protection of Birds Wildfowl & Wetland Trust

Asthma UK Cycle round Britain Visit lots of schools

STOP CLIMATE CHANGE

It's all in there; the charities, the places and the distance. 2010 the year of the Big Green Bike Ride.

best wishes to all,

Gary Prescott

No comments:

Post a Comment