Setting Off From Sandwell valley

Sunday 15 May 2011

What a Strange Day! A Message perhaps.

At Mum and Dad's today, visiting and enjoying watching the Wingy Wenger beaten by Brave Bent. Warwickshire won too! A perfect day.

So why strange?

Well everytime Mum and Dad put on the TV there was a programme reminding me of last year. I'd woken from a dream this morning where I was cycling in Turkey and was actually feeling tearful over things. Not depressed or unhappy just tearful thinking of certain days and places.

Then there was Mark Beaumont on TV. Film of him cycling, climbing the highest mountain in the USA and reaching Patagonia. Reduced to tears, he sat contemplating hsi massive and magnificent achievements.

Then there was an old Last of the Summer Wine programme with Compo, Cleggy and Foggy, with Nora Batty of course.

Well I went there last year; sat in the cafe and even went in Nora Batty's house!

Puffins on the Pembrokeshire Islands - been there. White-tailed sea eagle on North Uist - I might have even seen the same bird as I saw them there last year too. Lough Erne - was there last June.

The day went on with reference after reference to last year.

Then my youngest niece, Maya arrives with my brother, Paul. She's two years old, just and Dad said that when he was Maya's age there was no such thing as Tele. Paul joked that there were no cars as well!

What will our planet be like when Maya reaches 80 in 2089? Think on and the full effects of climate change will be felt in that year.

So is it a message? Do I need to get back on the bike. YOU BET I DO!

but

there's money to think about; family too.

I've got my health. I've got the dream - again and the passion is returning to do something again.

Roz Savage is back at sea again.  http://www.rozsavage.com/2011/05/15/day-12-sunday-best/

Mark Beaumont will definitely be planning his next venture.  http://www.markbeaumontonline.com/

Now to start planning mine.

How about - well let's keep it under wraps for the moment.

Back to school tomorrow and back to reality but tonight in bed it will be dreams of a reserve list approaching 100 over a two year span with a bird list of  over 500.

Any ideas.

Dream on Prezza and hold on to those tears.

Love to all,

Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment